Work with us!
Work in the oldest neighborhood of Seattle! Georgetown was established before the city of Seattle even was- now dedicated to preserving it's history while developing it's burgeoning art and food scene. This neighborhood's merchant's association needs a creative and driven individual to help continue our mission to support businesses and events in the area.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of The Georgetown Merchant's Association. They are responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
- Board Governance: Works with Board of Directors to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading The Georgetown Merchant's Association in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support The Georgetown Merchant's Association’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of The Georgetown Merchant's Association, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization in partnership with the appointed Treasurer.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of The Georgetown Merchant's Association’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission. Ex: Carnival, GT Bites, etc.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that The Georgetown Merchant's Association can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of The Georgetown Merchant's Association’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff for events or community clean ups.
- Responsible effective administration of The Georgetown Merchant's Association operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization and members.
- Be accessible and accountable to GMA members.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Supervise and collaborate with event staff, contractors, vendors, partners, and volunteers.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts including email campaigns, social media accounts, online promotions, and print media.
- Organize, schedule, and host monthly member meetings and develop agendas with the board.
- Establish administrative policies in collaboration with the board.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Recommended Professional Qualifications
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including sponsors, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as online/tech knowledge to keep simple website, social media, or other communications current.
- Strong public speaking ability.
Georgetown requires a hands on approach to its community work. Applicants for this position must be creative, problem-solvers, multi-taskers, experienced in community engagement and collaboration. We are seeking someone to continue our ongoing events as well as develop new strategies to encourage visitors and community growth. The position is full time with flexible hours and the option for remote work at times.
Salary: $30.00 per hour
Work Location: One location
To Apply: email resume and cover letter to email@example.com